Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
aklackner

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 pm

Beautiful spaghetti

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Man that's looking really nice. I am also glad that em1 vent line was adaptable. I think you had more available than the 98 in terms of some of the lines. Also spoonfed, I asked about the line which I you said was cut. You said it was a vent line by the canister. Wasn't sure which one but I got the dreaded discontinued on the one I inquired about.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:07 pm

May look like small progress but I’m very happy with the way some of the old mounts and ABS pump cleaned up. I have another couple rounds of hardware on the way from Honda, but not due for a couple weeks.

While I’m waiting for more bits from Honda I’ll probably try to focus on cleaning up old mounts and finishing the AN hoses for WMI kit so all of that can be mounted up.

aklackner

Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Driver’s side inner seal, sub seal, and run channel installed

Last edited by aklackner on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Did you get the sash tape for the subseal? I saw it's now discontinued. Also do you think I can pull mine off and reinstall with the door panel and mirror on , or will I need to remove them ? I have an issue with the new quarter glass pulling the subseal off the run channel and top of the door when opening and closing the door .I have the tape . I am a little weary about the install because I don't have the most steady hand when applying decals and if I mess that tape up I won't be able to replace it.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:30 pm

I have the old sash covers from the ITR and from the LS all in good condition. It looks just like a double sided tape on the back that holds it on. I also ordered new but if they are now discontinued who knows if I’ll receive.

All the seals installed pretty easily with everything apart. Hard to say what would get in the way but I think you’d need to get the upper run channel down to get the subseal in well.

9701TypeR

Post by 9701TypeR » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Stin1 wrote:Did you get the sash tape for the subseal? I saw it's now discontinued. Also do you think I can pull mine off and reinstall with the door panel and mirror on , or will I need to remove them ? I have an issue with the new quarter glass pulling the subseal off the run channel and top of the door when opening and closing the door .I have the tape . I am a little weary about the install because I don't have the most steady hand when applying decals and if I mess that tape up I won't be able to replace it.
I don’t think the tape you’re referring to will solve the issue. As far as I can tell the tape is more of a protective film and blends the black seals visually. That upper long sub seal doesn’t require tape to install nor the runchannel itself. Did this didn’t occur prior to your rear quarter glass install? Could that trim be slightly out of alignment and catching the seal?

9701TypeR

Post by 9701TypeR » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 pm

aklackner wrote:May look like small progress but I’m very happy with the way some of the old mounts and ABS pump cleaned up. I have another couple rounds of hardware on the way from Honda, but not due for a couple weeks.

While I’m waiting for more bits from Honda I’ll probably try to focus on cleaning up old mounts and finishing the AN hoses for WMI kit so all of that can be mounted up.

Looking good sir Image

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Not the sash covers . The sash tape for the subseal.
IMG_3795.jpg
IMG_3795.jpg (136.72 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Numbers 5&8 . I believe it goes between the subseal and the door. There wasn't any on the one that was originally removed. Unless the sash just got discontinued, I think you are good on those. Sorry about confusion. Spoonfed asked if I got the sash and got confused with the sash tape too . Lol

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:56 pm

9701TypeR wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:46 pm
Stin1 wrote:Did you get the sash tape for the subseal? I saw it's now discontinued. Also do you think I can pull mine off and reinstall with the door panel and mirror on , or will I need to remove them ? I have an issue with the new quarter glass pulling the subseal off the run channel and top of the door when opening and closing the door .I have the tape . I am a little weary about the install because I don't have the most steady hand when applying decals and if I mess that tape up I won't be able to replace it.
I don’t think the tape you’re referring to will solve the issue. As far as I can tell the tape is more of a protective film and blends the black seals visually. That upper long sub seal doesn’t require tape to install nor the runchannel itself. Did this didn’t occur prior to your rear quarter glass install? Could that trim be slightly out of alignment and catching the seal?
It had no problem with it on the original subseal . When they pulled the quarter panel glass , I had no problems as well. The gap seems pretty similar to the other side maybe a little tighter. If I pull on the subseal where it's attached to the run channel the snaps pull easily from each other and expose the top of the door. The passenger side doesn't have the same looseness at that corner if that makes any sense. I haven't pulled the back of the tape yet but the big one looks white not black . The mystery 9 one is black . Definitely open for advice.