Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
aklackner

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Yeah I haven’t seen the tape down and everything went on firmly for me without it.

Maybe take a look at the Helms and see what the service process is for install?

9701TypeR

Post by 9701TypeR » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Stin1 wrote:Not the sash covers . The sash tape for the subseal.
IMG_3795.jpg
Numbers 5&8 . I believe it goes between the subseal and the door. There wasn't any on the one that was originally removed. Unless the sash just got discontinued, I think you are good on those. Sorry about confusion. Spoonfed asked if I got the sash and got confused with the sash tape too . Lol
I’ll try to clarify lol. The sub seal has no tape, it’s simply hooks into the door frame channel at the top. The subseal seats the roofline to the runchannel. The tape you’re referring to is sash tape and corresponds to the sash guide track (see diagram below #6,16), not the sub seal. The tape in your diagram doesn’t hold anything onto the door itself. It’s so you don’t see a bunch of white around all your black trim surrounding the window glass area.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Beautiful work! Thank you for documenting and sharing. I enjoy watching builds come together and this is quite the restoration project.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:35 pm

9701TypeR wrote:
Stin1 wrote:Not the sash covers . The sash tape for the subseal.
The attachment IMG_3795.jpg is no longer available
Numbers 5&8 . I believe it goes between the subseal and the door. There wasn't any on the one that was originally removed. Unless the sash just got discontinued, I think you are good on those. Sorry about confusion. Spoonfed asked if I got the sash and got confused with the sash tape too . Lol
I’ll try to clarify lol. The sub seal has no tape, it’s simply hooks into the door frame channel at the top. The subseal seats the roofline to the runchannel. The tape you’re referring to is sash tape and corresponds to the sash guide track (see diagram below #6,16), not the sub seal. The tape in your diagram doesn’t hold anything onto the door itself. It’s so you don’t see a bunch of white around all your black trim surrounding the window glass area.
I got you. I think you are right on the seal not being in the right place. I messed with it. At this point it's worse. I will keep on messing with it. The corner isn't seated properly.However, the tape I am talking about I believe is different than the one you are referring to . I think number 9 goes to the parts you are referring to. The one I thought was for the subseal , I found built to grind has some pics on ht.
IMG_3820.jpg
IMG_3820.jpg (190.17 KiB) Viewed 695 times
IMG_3822.jpg
IMG_3822.jpg (188.65 KiB) Viewed 695 times
It also looks like his corner has the same wonky appearance mine has before it pulls away.

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:49 am

Y’all are making me nervous about installing this today lol

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Got the left door handle installed but the one I’m more pleased with is

Yep that’s the D-Punch for my additional (non-oem wire harness)

The tolerance is so tight the connector barely gets through and is already secure due to matches D shape.

Secured with lock washer and nut

Male side on

90 deg bootie (will get trimmed to size an heat shrunk to male connector and harness)

Inside also with 90 deg bootie (need to finish trimming the inner panel but my dremel burned out on me)
Thanks Image

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Wow ! Do you have help, or is all the work you ? Amazing . I love every update.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Thanks, and yeah I'm a bit of a nutcase so I don't know many who could put up with me long enough to help. :lol:

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Got a bit more work in on the WMI Tank deck. Refined the shape and rounded all the edges. Decided to give it a real weight test and put my whole weight in it. Took it with out an issue so I do think a center brace is necessary.

Next step is to drill and set the mounting rivet nuts in the body then drill the deck to match and mount it up.

aklackner

Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Was very excited to fasten the first corner of the tank mount deck.

I’m not a craftsman in that I know I need to allow for pretty large tolerances when I try to make things if I expect them to actually fit up.

But working with the aluminum plate for support for/mounting the WMI tank it’s been working out extremely well.

This evening I got the body drilled and rivet nut set, all went smoothly. Then marked the plate and decided to only over drill the location by .5mm. So far everything has lined up very nicely. Three more corners to secure but should get it done tomorrow.