98-1059 is here to stay

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Stin1

Re: 98-1059 is here to stay

Post by Stin1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:06 pm

noahf wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:51 pm just bought some of the window grease as i was having some window issues.

do i just lube up the edges of the windows and all the rubber?
This stuff works wonders. It's used for repairing leaks on del sol roofs and s2k as well . Apply it to everything that's rubber. Clean anything off it shouldn't be there .

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:19 pm

noahf wrote:just bought some of the window grease as i was having some window issues.

do i just lube up the edges of the windows and all the rubber?
So I didn’t want to remove my door panel at the time so I just lubricated what I could see. As Stin said, this stuff can’t hurt anything that’s rubber.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 pm

The shin etsu grease is great for dried rubber. This stuff is also quite effective on maintaining your windows.
IMG_3924.jpg
IMG_3924.jpg (168.59 KiB) Viewed 727 times

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:55 pm

My temp plates expired today. Wa a just able to sneak into emissions on the way home from work and grab my fail sheet. This should give me now 2 years to “fix the problem” while still having my hard plates and registration. In the meantime I’ll be hunting the correct 98 engine and cabin harness.

This stressed me out letting someone even pull it into the emissions bay lol. Luckily the driver was somewhat of a car guy. He used to have a 600whp EG 4 door in my area. He was cool enough to load up the interior and seats with plastic covers.

Also got my new trunk lock actuator today. I chose to go with the cheaper Odyssey unit ($52) and rebuild my Integra one with the guts. I’ll try and take pics of the process that Chase posted a while ago since pics are dead on the old HT thread.

It was one of those days today!

Funny side story, my wife’s texts me this picture this morning... asking me if I “dropped” this because the nanny found this in the driveway after I left for work Image

I frantically ran out to my car and popped the hood.

Phew!!! My 1 year old son has been in the garage with me, touching everything! This is the old cap I took off. Must’ve found it somewhere and tossed it lol.

My heart dropped for a second lol. Carry on....

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Found these on eBay. Would’ve loved them new but they make them no longer.

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:20 pm

New power steering return hose and clamps got delivered today. Hopefully I’ll have a few minutes at the end of the day to install it.

Also was able to swap out the guts of the Odyssey door actuator into the Integra trunk actuator. Went very smooth.

Old parts.

This seems to be the broken part as you can see.

This last gear is left in the odyssey actuator because the gear on the rear is way smaller than the Integra gear so hopefully yours is good. If swapped over, it will sound like your actuator is working but the smaller gear makes for a shorter throw and the lock doesn’t lock or unlock.

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:33 pm

Installed the rebuilt actuator. Everything works as designed for anyone wanting to save $100 by buying the odyssey part number. I then proceeded to reinstall the rear cover and brace with new hardware.

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Christmas come early...

Trying to keep up with Stin ain’t easy! What you’re looking at here are:

-BNIB OEM dope moldings
-BNIB OEM roof drip moldings
-BNIB OEM rear quarter glass
-BNIB OEM spoiler sponge gaskets

Just waiting on my windshield moldings to come in along with my wiper cowl and then I’ll kick back and relax (I mean save money) in preparation for winter when the car will be painted and everything will be installed.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:05 pm

How did you match the bar? Paint laser ? Shade card ? Close enough? If you got it matched would you care to share the paint code? Oh and keeping up with stin1 is hilarious. You just got your car and have 27 pages. It took me a few years to get nearly anything you got. I am just trying to get what I wanted in my vision what I needed. Unfortunately I have been needing to rush with everything being discontinued.

Sp00nFedFilms

98-1059 is here to stay

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Stin1 wrote:How did you match the bar? Paint laser ? Shade card ? Close enough? If you got it matched would you care to share the paint code? Oh and keeping up with stin1 is hilarious. You just got your car and have 27 pages. It took me a few years to get nearly anything you got. I am just trying to get what I wanted in my vision what I needed. Unfortunately I have been needing to rush with everything being discontinued.
I used VHT Aluminum Cast paint. It’s almost exact, to me at least.

Let me shoot a pic hang on...