Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
aklackner

Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Mostly been puttering since I leave for India 6am Sat. and don’t want to jump into major construction until I have more time.

I did manage to get the hatch fuse box mostly together. Still need to clean the brackets up but it’s looking good to me.

All the hatch wiring is in the box except for the subwoofer power (and 4ga supply line) which a vendor failed to ship with the rest of my order. Image Looks a bit messy now but should look very sharp all together.

Here’s the subwoofer harnesses (sub only pulls 10-15 amp and has 10 ga on the harness from Alpine so that what runs from the hatch fuse box). Tabs pictured will mount to the sub and mount the connectors.

aklackner

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm

With the antenna finally in I was able to mock up the radio (don’t get too excited this was just chilling on the rear seat, no dash yet) to test the reception and the Polk speakers (rear) that I inherited with the shell.

I’m very pleased with the reception I get with the antenna probably better than I had with the OEM mast. Even better no sound of the antenna motor going up and down, or mast to deal with at all. Highly recommended!

With a bit of momentum getting the hatch wiring in place I jumped to the other end. :lol:

Chassis harness will still need a good bit of work and clean up but it and the fusebox are in the engine bay now.
Last edited by aklackner on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Also got a set of rear abs sensors. Since the ITR ones were rusted and OEM are discontinued I found Advanced Auto had a set that were ITR specific (figured I could at least swap brackets to OEM if there were issues). Must be my Image day the sensors look great. Image

9701TypeR

Post by 9701TypeR » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:50 pm

aklackner wrote:Also got a set of rear abs sensors. Since the ITR ones were rusted and OEM are discontinued I found Advanced Auto had a set that were ITR specific (figured I could at least swap brackets to OEM if there were issues). Must be my Image day the sensors look great. Image

Awesome! There must be enough of a difference in the pickup sensor that a gsr won’t work. Looking forward to seeing heR assembled.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:27 pm

9701TypeR wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:50 pm There must be enough of a difference in the pickup sensor that a gsr won’t work. Looking forward to seeing heR assembled.
The difference on the rear is the lower rear LCAs, sensor is the same to my knowledge. The front is close but is spaced further out, ~3mm, on the JDM 36mm 5 lug to clear the larger CV.

For the rear I believe the support bracket needs to routed slightly differently on the arm. Many who do 5 lug conversions, just zip tie the wires but you'd hate for a zip tie to eventually cut\short the sensor wire. On the LS I used my original LS sensors with the JDM 5 lug without any issue since I had kept the LS LCAs. This go round it's all ITR baby!

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:44 pm

So this is meant to be funny (sort of Image)

https://vimeo.com/358200568

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:17 pm

The custom continues with parts from JPN

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Also in, though not sure if it will stay:

It’s made for a RHD ITR, with a touch of creativity it’s possible to drop it in my LHD.
I’d love to filter the pcv system before it drops back into the intake but we’ll see.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Wow! I thought you have to do California emissions too ? The attention to detail is amazing. Great build.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Stin1 wrote:Wow! I thought you have to do California emissions too ? The attention to detail is amazing. Great build.
That’s why it’s sealed oil/air separator is CARB legal ;)

Hardline guard up (well started)