ITR and CTR Registry App

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Need Help Sourcing 98 ITR Badge Number

Post by jayhaire » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:35 am

C.a.m wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:36 pm Hello everyone, new to the forum but not to the Honda scene. I’m currently in the process of gettin a 98 CW integra Type R “in transit”. The car is a shell, with a shaved engine bay. It still pertains 90% of its vins. Can anyone help me find the number for this type r please. I plan on doing a full restoration, and using it as my wedding car.
I'm sure we (ITRCA / Type R Club of America) have it. You can PM me or fill out this form:
https://www.typerclub.org/itrbadge.php

I've wanted to reply to this topic for awhile but have not had the free time to do so. Life is extremely busy right now and has really put other items into a different perspective. After running ITR / Type R Expo for over a decade and getting to know the ITR community, I've seen a resurgence in ITR interest. The big change started with the eBay 97 in early 2015. A new crowd has come in to collect and profit, which they are absolutely allowed to do. Likewise, we have old members adjusting their goals too, which is also totally fine. We can like or dislike it, and that's the point of this country. ITRCA will always be non-profit, for example.

In Ngoan's case, I remember your old Skafia name on h-t. Mine was cheezthis there. We were all a lot younger back then but did a great job of building a community that is still alive today, as evidenced here.

With that said, we (ITRCA) have managed an ITR database for decades. It began when the car was sold new, transformed formats and stewardship briefly as ITRCA changed a bit, and continues to maintain privacy. There are other registries out there, but none go anywhere near ours. However, we keep ours fairly quiet and do not broadcast it. ITR owners kept this info private for good reason, and we respected that, gained their trust, etc. especially via our ITR Expo work.
Again, it's an ITRCA database and not one that we need to loudly talk about. That's not the point of it. We've been around long enough to have stability and confidence through our experience and knowledge.
What is it for? It's for the community, for the exact post above asking for badge info for a car they're working on. They want to know the history that CarFax will not tell them.

So, you're more than welcome to build your app ecosystem and data. The post is kind of flirting of with advertising here, which is a mixed topic unless you sponsor Expo. We can discuss that though.

What is my biggest concern? Multiple datasets in the wild diluting any useful data. That does not benefit the ITR community at all. And that has always been our goal...the ITR community.

Hope that helps. With that said, no one contacted me about this, but you are more than welcome to and discuss. We actually had a phone call years ago about one of your S2000 CRs for sale. The call was a 3-way call between yourself, myself, and Peter. :thumbup:
:hammer:

00-1065

Re: Need Help Sourcing 98 ITR Badge Number

Post by 00-1065 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:34 pm

jayhaire wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:35 am The big change started with the eBay 97 in early 2015. A new crowd has come in to collect and profit.
And hoard parts.

With these cars security is key, Im old school and good with the original registry. :thumbup:

C.a.m

Re: ITR and CTR Registry App

Post by C.a.m » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 am

Amazing! I got great history on my vehicle. Hopefully with time and patience I will return it back to its old glory.

Thank you guys for helping with the information.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Re: ITR and CTR Registry App

Post by jayhaire » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:42 pm

C.a.m wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 am Amazing! I got great history on my vehicle. Hopefully with time and patience I will return it back to its old glory.

Thank you guys for helping with the information.
Glad we could help! :thumbup:
:hammer:

ngoan
Badge Number: 98-0268

Re: Need Help Sourcing 98 ITR Badge Number

Post by ngoan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:33 am

jayhaire wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:35 am
C.a.m wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:36 pm Hello everyone, new to the forum but not to the Honda scene. I’m currently in the process of gettin a 98 CW integra Type R “in transit”. The car is a shell, with a shaved engine bay. It still pertains 90% of its vins. Can anyone help me find the number for this type r please. I plan on doing a full restoration, and using it as my wedding car.
I'm sure we (ITRCA / Type R Club of America) have it. You can PM me or fill out this form:
https://www.typerclub.org/itrbadge.php

I've wanted to reply to this topic for awhile but have not had the free time to do so. Life is extremely busy right now and has really put other items into a different perspective. After running ITR / Type R Expo for over a decade and getting to know the ITR community, I've seen a resurgence in ITR interest. The big change started with the eBay 97 in early 2015. A new crowd has come in to collect and profit, which they are absolutely allowed to do. Likewise, we have old members adjusting their goals too, which is also totally fine. We can like or dislike it, and that's the point of this country. ITRCA will always be non-profit, for example.

In Ngoan's case, I remember your old Skafia name on h-t. Mine was cheezthis there. We were all a lot younger back then but did a great job of building a community that is still alive today, as evidenced here.

With that said, we (ITRCA) have managed an ITR database for decades. It began when the car was sold new, transformed formats and stewardship briefly as ITRCA changed a bit, and continues to maintain privacy. There are other registries out there, but none go anywhere near ours. However, we keep ours fairly quiet and do not broadcast it. ITR owners kept this info private for good reason, and we respected that, gained their trust, etc. especially via our ITR Expo work.
Again, it's an ITRCA database and not one that we need to loudly talk about. That's not the point of it. We've been around long enough to have stability and confidence through our experience and knowledge.
What is it for? It's for the community, for the exact post above asking for badge info for a car they're working on. They want to know the history that CarFax will not tell them.

So, you're more than welcome to build your app ecosystem and data. The post is kind of flirting of with advertising here, which is a mixed topic unless you sponsor Expo. We can discuss that though.

What is my biggest concern? Multiple datasets in the wild diluting any useful data. That does not benefit the ITR community at all. And that has always been our goal...the ITR community.

Hope that helps. With that said, no one contacted me about this, but you are more than welcome to and discuss. We actually had a phone call years ago about one of your S2000 CRs for sale. The call was a 3-way call between yourself, myself, and Peter. :thumbup:
Great points, I'd definitely be interested in being a sponsor at the next ITR Expo, I'll message you when the time comes.
2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (Grey/Black)
2009 Honda S2000 CR AC/Audio (RYP)
1998 Acura Integra Type R #98-0268 (CW)