Help: Tracking down original engine and transmission....

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dc2itr617

Help: Tracking down original engine and transmission....

Post by Dc2itr617 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:01 am

As some of of you know I’ve owned this car for roughly 8 years. The car was owned by Jason Franza and turned into an H1 Honda Challenge Race Car I wanna say 04-05 and competed the next 2 years after that. It was torn down and swapped with a k20a out of a dc5-R then parted out and bounced from owner to owner. From my understanding the original C5 swap was put into an Eg SI hatchback. After purchasing the car as pretty much an empty roller I put the car back to B series. If anyone has any leads please reach out. I’m looking to possibly work something out or purchase outright.

Help me find her original hart!!!

Last 4 of the vin are 3998
IMG_0098.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg (151.83 KiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_0098.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg (151.83 KiB) Viewed 808 times
Attachments
IMG_0090.jpg
IMG_0090.jpg (111.9 KiB) Viewed 808 times
Last edited by Dc2itr617 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Outrun

Re: Help: Tracking down original engine and transmission....

Post by Outrun » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Have you located Mr. Franza? He might be a good start.

Little_Nolan

Post by Little_Nolan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:02 am

Do you know what the engine or transmission serial number is?

All 1996+ Honda/Acuras that were of foreign manufacturing origin were recorded on entry into the US and were associated with the VIN of vehicle. This information can be accessed from the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB). Not sure if you need LEO or insurance credentials to access the information, but I suspect that you do. Depending on your insurance company, you may be able to get your insurance rep to contact NICB to see if the engine/transmission has been reported stolen, destroyed, or as a total loss. Essentially, NICB knows the engine serial number and transmission serial number for every ITR brought into the US, ABS computer number, ECU number and SRS system numbers may have also been recorded.

I have accessed this information and reverse used it with successful legal outcomes. Essentially I had the serial number for motors/trans and NICB was able to tell me what VIN the motor/trans originally was imported with.

This may help you with leads since VINs can be removed and often serial numbers are not messed with.
Current: 97-00305, '19 ZR2 2.8L Duramax, '97 EX Sedan

Previous: 97-0322, 97 DB8R, 98-0197, CR-154

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:39 am

Little_Nolan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:02 am Do you know what the engine or transmission serial number is?

All 1996+ Honda/Acuras that were of foreign manufacturing origin were recorded on entry into the US and were associated with the VIN of vehicle. This information can be accessed from the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB). Not sure if you need LEO or insurance credentials to access the information, but I suspect that you do. Depending on your insurance company, you may be able to get your insurance rep to contact NICB to see if the engine/transmission has been reported stolen, destroyed, or as a total loss. Essentially, NICB knows the engine serial number and transmission serial number for every ITR brought into the US, ABS computer number, ECU number and SRS system numbers may have also been recorded.

I have accessed this information and reverse used it with successful legal outcomes. Essentially I had the serial number for motors/trans and NICB was able to tell me what VIN the motor/trans originally was imported with.

This may help you with leads since VINs can be removed and often serial numbers are not messed with.
This is extremely valuable information. Thank you for sharing!
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:57 am

^^ That's good info.

_D_

Post by _D_ » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:13 pm

Old school guys on here should know where this ended up IMO... wheres my NC peeps at?

I'll ask around....

Dc2itr617

Post by Dc2itr617 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:31 am

coolhandluke wrote:
Little_Nolan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:02 am Do you know what the engine or transmission serial number is?

This is extremely valuable information. Thank you for sharing!
Good to know I’ll see what I can find out via the insurance agent. As for the original numbers on the engine I don’t have the slightest idea.

Dc2itr617

Post by Dc2itr617 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:31 am

_D_ wrote:Old school guys on here should know where this ended up IMO... wheres my NC peeps at?

I'll ask around....
Thanks any help is greatly appreciated Image

Dc2itr617

Post by Dc2itr617 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:56 am

Outrun wrote:Have you located Mr. Franza? He might be a good start.
I found him on Facebook and will be sending a message to him hopefully he responds.