98-0940 Anyone know anything about the caR?

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Re: 98-0940 Anyone know anything about the caR?

Post by coolhandluke » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:07 pm

coolhandluke wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:48 pm
Stin1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:14 pm
Stin1 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:28 pm Image
Here we go again my friends!ImageImageImage
Can anyone explain what happened to my images on this thread for the glass ? Seems like this page and randomly deleted images on the next few pages?
Reviewing the image links, I see they are hosted by TapaTalk. It's possible TapaTalk is having issues. Also, there is a cost to TapaTalk hosting images, in which our tiny none profit (aka Jay's credit card) foots the bill. I will research but my suspicion is our Type R Club hit the max allowed storage again.

Either way, I would look into a reliable photo host. I made a thread here comparing options and ultimately, settled on FlickR after unsuccessfully testing Photo Bucket.
I just did a test in OT thread,an image via TapaTalk uploaded successfully. This doesn't solve your issue, but it confirms the club account isn't out of space.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:20 pm

coolhandluke wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:07 pm
Stin1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:14 pm
Can anyone explain what happened to my images on this thread for the glass ? Seems like this page and randomly deleted images on the next few pages?
Reviewing the image links, I see they are hosted by TapaTalk. It's possible TapaTalk is having issues. Also, there is a cost to TapaTalk hosting images, in which our tiny none profit (aka Jay's credit card) foots the bill. I will research but my suspicion is our Type R Club hit the max allowed storage again.

Either way, I would look into a reliable photo host. I made a thread here comparing options and ultimately, settled on FlickR after unsuccessfully testing Photo Bucket.
I just did a test in OT thread,an image via TapaTalk uploaded successfully. This doesn't solve your issue, but it confirms the club account isn't out of space.
Does that mean you can provide the picture back? I thought we were documenting these details.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:01 am

Stin1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Does that mean you can provide the picture back? I thought we were documenting these details.
Unsure what happened to images hosted on tapatalk's servers. We have plenty of space on our servers, and I suggest you use ours or a third party. For example, I have my own image host that I built that I share images from here and elsewhere.

I'll look into the tapatalk situation but might not be able to save those.
:hammer:

coolhandluke

Post by coolhandluke » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:07 am

Stin1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Good question, as I fear I probably opened up more questions than answers. I'll take a moment to give more context on the site:
-Domain fees, hosting fees, etc, are paid for by our community none profit. If you have ever bought a driver's ticket to Type R Expo, a t-shirt, sticker, etc. The overwhelming majority goes directly into running Type R Expo. A small percentage comes back to running this site. I'll point out Jay's credit card bridges the gap.

-These forums are deployed on open source phpBB, ie free but zero support, site admins (ie community volunteers) deploy, update, and fix. There is no one we can call for support since it's free.

-TapaTalk is a third party app we found online while researching ways to improve mobile experience, particularly around photo uploads. The community is in now way affiliated with TapaTalk, it's merely an option we found that supported phpBB while researching. Longterm, I would like to invest cycles into learning how to code a better replacement via Flutter, etc.

-Photos can be posted here in multiple ways. The site is more often limited by the host than the forum site itself, ex: FB blocks posting photos. Uploading to TapaTalk, Flickr, Photobucket, are others. For TapaTalk, they doesn't offer any way for one to manage their photos. It's also free and is compatible with the forums. Where as Flickr/others have a user account that allows photo manager but they also charge a fee.

Switching gears to your post in question,
Stin1 wrote: Does that mean you can provide the picture back? I thought we were documenting these details.
No, this community is not affiliated with TapaTalk / any image hosting service.

Looking into your post, I see four image links all uploaded to & hosted by TapaTalk:
-//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201907 ... a379ee.jpg
-//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201907 ... 6237d0.jpg
-//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201907 ... 55bdd6.jpg
-//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201907 ... 8c2dbf.jpg

Clicking all four links should take one directly to the image. However, all four of these take to an error page listing:
{"error":"Document not found"}

This leads me to believe there is an issue with TapaTalk's hosting of these four images.

The quickest resolution would be re-uploading the four images to a photo host of choice. :thumbup:
Type-R Expo

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:18 am

I appreciate your help. Is there a way I can contact Tapatalk about this? I know someone from another forum was able to do so . I believe most of the dead images are of the glass images. The broken windshield. The glass install and some pics showing the reverse Honda script in the quarter glass .

jayhaire
Site Admin

Post by jayhaire » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 am

Stin1 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:18 am I appreciate your help. Is there a way I can contact Tapatalk about this? I know someone from another forum was able to do so . I believe most of the dead images are of the glass images. The broken windshield. The glass install and some pics showing the reverse Honda script in the quarter glass .
I'd start here: https://www.tapatalk.com/support
You can try contacting them since they're under your account. Likewise, I can create a ticket but do not have high hopes.
EDIT: I submitted a ticket with image URLs that are now broken.

We're in the process of disabling their host for images and forcing it to use our server instead. We've been burned plenty of times with relying on others over the years (see the zeroforum debacle or broken images from old posts in h-t).

It might be easier to re-upload the photos, if you still have them, to our site. We provide that free of charge. Most sites disable that. :)

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:49 am

jayhaire wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 am
Stin1 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:18 am I appreciate your help. Is there a way I can contact Tapatalk about this? I know someone from another forum was able to do so . I believe most of the dead images are of the glass images. The broken windshield. The glass install and some pics showing the reverse Honda script in the quarter glass .
You can try contacting them since they're under your account. Likewise, I can create a ticket but do not have high hopes.

We're in the process of disabling their host for images and forcing it to use our server instead. We've been burned plenty of times with relying on others over the years (see the zeroforum debacle or broken images from old posts in h-t).

It might be easier to re-upload the photos, if you still have them, to our site. We provide that free of charge. Most sites disable that. :)
Thanks for all the help. I remember what happened to the site. One main reason I pointed it out. If I get any response I will update it.

jayhaire
Site Admin

Post by jayhaire » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:52 am

Stin1 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:49 am
jayhaire wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 am

Thanks for all the help. I remember what happened to the site. One main reason I pointed it out. If I get any response I will update it.
Likewise, if I hear anything useful back, I'll let you know.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:34 pm

So I have an odd update . The link you posted is for admins only. It directed me to use the contact us link from Tapatalk. When I went onto Tapatalk I still was logged in but I also had a confirm email which I already have done to create and log into the account in the first place. It also had an odd message my act expired which I have been using when clicking the link .

After following the activate email I had to log in again. Then I could click the contact us option. Here is the message I got .
IMG_3265.png
IMG_3265.png (437.96 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
I then went to ad my email again. It is clearly visible, however I cannot seem to contact Tapatalk.

coolhandluke

Post by coolhandluke » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:31 am

Stin1 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:34 pm So I have an odd update . The link you posted is for admins only. It directed me to use the contact us link from Tapatalk. When I went onto Tapatalk I still was logged in but I also had a confirm email which I already have done to create and log into the account in the first place. It also had an odd message my act expired which I have been using when clicking the link .

After following the activate email I had to log in again. Then I could click the contact us option. Here is the message I got .IMG_3265.png
I then went to ad my email again. It is clearly visible, however I cannot seem to contact Tapatalk.
Are the original photos available on your phone or backups (cloud/laptop?) I would compare the effort of hunting down TapaTalk and re-uploading to a photohost.
Type-R Expo