World Debut of New Acura Integra Today

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Canuckr

Re: World Debut of New Acura Integra Today

Post by Canuckr » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Initial thoughts; At least the new Crosstour SI doesn’t have plastic body cladding.
AP1
Once owned:
97 ITR #163
98 DB8 ITR
AP2

noahf

Post by noahf » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:50 pm

pretty sad they didnt lead with the type r or a two door. and they really focused on the "next generation" of enthusiasts, basically saying it wasnt for us. its going to be a quick turbo charged 4 door, which sounds a lot like the turbo accord in a sportier acura badge. the video was a lil toooo corporate try hard for urban hip hop connection, and the graphics were pretty all over the place. but again, dont think this is a "for us" kind of car, and oddly, makes the current gen CTR a lil more desirable.

oddomatik
Badge Number: 98-0542

Post by oddomatik » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:05 pm

If you're going to bring a badge back, at least have some nods like the new Z coupe has all over it. Not a single styling element on this car says Integra, or really even really uniquely Acura. I think the lights are cool, I'll give it that.
ITR (98-0542) | NA1 NSX | RT4WD | EK Hatch
240z | 190E 2.3-16V | SpecE30 | RAM 3500 | CB550

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:40 pm

Canuckr wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:59 pm Initial thoughts; At least the new Crosstour SI doesn’t have plastic body cladding.
It's good to see your name here!
:hammer:

Dave7CDMTYPER
Badge Number: 01-1322

Post by Dave7CDMTYPER » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:40 pm

oddomatik wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:05 pm If you're going to bring a badge back, at least have some nods like the new Z coupe has all over it. Not a single styling element on this car says Integra, or really even really uniquely Acura. I think the lights are cool, I'll give it that.
I agree the styling doesn't seem at all related to the dc2, or other Integras.
ITR CDM 01-1322
2001 GS-R
I have badge #00-1259 in hand.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:48 pm

Press Release:
https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases/ne ... generation

November 12, 2021 — TORRANCE, CALIF.

Integra Prototype heralds the return of an iconic nameplate to the Acura lineup
2023 Integra will be a premium sport compact with a coupe-like roofline and versatile five-door liftback design
First factory-turbocharged Integra takes power from a high-output 1.5-liter with VTEC®
Geared for enthusiasts, a 6-speed manual transmission will be offered
Uniquely aspirational and attainable, new Integra to start around $30,000 when it arrives next year

Acura today gave the world its first look at the highly-anticipated new Integra, signaling the return of the celebrated nameplate to the Acura lineup. Finished in striking Indy Yellow Pearl paint borrowed from NSX, the Integra Prototype is a strong indication of the exterior design of the all-new 2023 Acura Integra, which will be priced around $30,000 when it arrives at Acura dealers next year.

Inspired by past Integras, including the original that helped launch the Acura brand in 1986, the 2023 Integra will become the new gateway performance model in the Acura lineup, a premium sport compact with an evocative five-door design and fun-to-drive spirit. The first-ever factory-turbocharged Integra will excite a new generation of enthusiast drivers with an available six-speed manual transmission, limited slip differential and high-output 1.5-liter engine, with VTEC® of course.

“The Integra is one of the most iconic models in Acura's history,” said Jon Ikeda, Vice President and Acura Brand Officer. “This new Integra, will continue to deliver on the original's unique aspirational yet attainable market position, with emotional performance and style, combined with the versatility and utility sought after by today's buyers.”

Designed in Japan, the new Integra's bold exterior styling features a dramatically sloping roofline and liftback tailgate, giving it a distinct coupe-like road presence. A modern interpretation of the Integra line, the fifth-generation model displays trademark cues such as the embossed Integra name under the driver's side headlight and passenger's side taillight.

First seen on the Type S Concept, Acura's new frameless Diamond Pentagon grille gives the Integra front a purposeful and sporty character. Acura's unique lighting signature is updated with the “Chicane” LED daytime running lights now positioned above the Integra's JewelEye® LED headlights, yielding an even more dramatic appearance.

Muscular rear wheel arches and aggressive rear fascia with dual-exhaust finishers emphasize Integra's wide track. Inspired by previous Integra models, the distinctive rear styling features wide, single-piece taillights with matching “Chicane” light signature. Behind the Integra Prototype's matte-finish 19-inch split-five spoke wheels are oversized Brembo™ high-performance brakes with color-keyed Indy Yellow calipers, providing incredible stopping power and an aggressive look.

The Integra Prototype's striking Indy Yellow Pearl paint pays homage to Phoenix Yellow, offered on the iconic 2000-2001 Integra Type R. High-gloss Berlina Black accents have been applied to the Integra's roof, decklid spoiler, mirror caps, rear diffuser and front grille. A lower-sill graphic boldly displays the Integra name across the side of the vehicle.

The launch of the 2023 Acura Integra will mark the first time for Integra to be built in America, when it begins mass production next year at the Marysville Auto Plant in Ohio. Set to be built on the same production line with the Acura TLX, Integra will join all new Acura models sold in the U.S. in being built in Ohio.

More details on the 2023 Acura Integra will be released closer to its market introduction in the first half of next year.

About Acura
Acura is a leading automotive nameplate that delivers Precision Crafted Performance – a commitment to expressive styling, high-performance and innovative engineering, all built on a foundation of quality and reliability. The Acura lineup features five distinctive models – the ILX and TLX sport sedans, the RDX and MDX sport-utility vehicles, high-performance Type S variants and the electrified NSX supercar. Integra will return to the Acura lineup in 2022.

All 2021 model year and newer Acura vehicles sold in America are made in the U.S., using domestic and globally sourced parts.
:hammer:

aklackner

World Debut of New Acura Integra Today

Post by aklackner » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:32 pm

I don’t know I see the DC2 in there a bit, rounded hood shape up front, thin A pillars for maximized visibility. Loved the embossed bumpers in the OG font. From what we’ve heard there’s probably 2 performance models above the 1.5T.

Not sure about the sharp hood lines though, combined with the color and graphics seems like they are making a play to the crowd that jumped on the updated American muscle models.

I get yellow but I would have loved to see a Champ. white to drive home the nostalgia. You don’t need to look fast when you’re sexy.

The excitement of the Yellow was sort of at odds with Jon Iked’s performance. Didn’t feel like his heart was in it. Should have had him pull up on side stage in a DC2 (in jeans, no suit is gonna pull Gen Z, they need a Hondaprojason personality and more story to follow) then drive to main stage in the new model or something that felt less purely functional. How many of these has he done this week?

Outrun

Post by Outrun » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:06 am

Dpine wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:51 pm Without seeing the interior or engine specs/MT gear ratios I think I prefer the look of the civic hatch with the HFP exterior package.
Is that it?

Dpine

Post by Dpine » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:19 am

Outrun wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:06 am
Dpine wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:51 pm Without seeing the interior or engine specs/MT gear ratios I think I prefer the look of the civic hatch with the HFP exterior package.
Is that it?

Pretty much yes. I spec'd mine out in on Hondas configurator in red with the standard black split 5 spokes and it looked much better.

TurboLS

Post by TurboLS » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:11 am

How heavy is it?

Anything shared with the CTR chassis?
438X Instructor/TTD ITR w/ NASA Mid-Atlantic
RIP: 1994 Integra LS-T @ VIR, October 2013.