Recaro seat rails

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Justadad

Recaro seat rails

Post by Justadad » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:18 pm

I’m looking for recommendations on aftermarket seat rails. I picked up a set of jdm recaros without rails and im looking for rails that are comparable height wise to stock rails. Im 5’9 and 180. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aklackner

Recaro seat rails

Post by aklackner » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:50 pm

I’m using a set of Bride rails with JDM Recaros. I’m pretty happy with them.

Height is great (I’m about 5’10’). I feel like because they are JDM the left side has a bit less range of motion than the right, but not an issue for me.

Something to keep in mind is that the usdm seats will fold back under force in the event of a roll over. I could be wrong but l don’t think the JDM Recaros have this feature so really should only be used with a roll bar, but they also don’t support 5pt harness. This could open the door to submarining with 4pt harnesses. I’ve heard some instructors won’t ride in a car with 4pt harnesses if you plan to hit the track. Due to this I may change my seats since my focus is more heavily track and my safety out there needs to be the top priority.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Re: Recaro seat rails

Post by jayhaire » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:54 am

Good topic.

Bride Type RO work with bottom mount Recaros. I also used Vision mounts on my old GSR, but the single locking mechanism was not great. It would move around during heavy braking, but they are very low mounts. OEM mounts are good too.

There are others out there as well.

When it comes to Expo safety rules (https://typerexpo.com/rules.php), we're pretty strict on 3 point belts for these. Rollbars plus 5 point harnesses and seats with reinforcement or fixed back and certified are needed, FYI. It's a package. 4 point harnesses can introduce submarining, yes, that is correct.
:hammer:

Justadad

Post by Justadad » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:47 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I’m not sure how many track days if any I would do. I strictly have always wanted these seats when I was young and finally picked up a set. I’m looking for rails with sliders as well. Who sells the bride rails? I saw wedge engineering sells rails and Juran racing has them to but I don’t know anyone running them.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:45 pm

I bought mine from an exporter in Japan but cannot remember the name. I'll check my email history.
I forgot about the Wedge ones. I haven't owned a set but knew someone who did with regular SRDs.

Edit / update:
https://www.nengun.com/bride/rails-ro-type

Integra Type R - DC2
5/93-6/2001
H076RO
Left
Integra Type R - DC2 - Side: Left - H076RO
USD $ 159.68

Integra Type R - DC2
5/93~6/2001
H075RO
Right