Gauge Placement / K series Shifter + stock interior

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
noahf

Gauge Placement / K series Shifter + stock interior

Post by noahf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:27 pm

I have two things to conquer on my itr build and wants to know what people are doing.

First, I have 2 gauges (AFR + CanBus Gauge) that need to be mounted and would like to see what solutions people have come up with. I would rather not put them on my pilar and I have a headunit installed, so not sure whats left? Also, possible product recommendations.

Second, I have a fancy k-tuned billet shifter for my k20, but it will does not work with the stock interior pieces. I would like a stock "looking" setup with a shift boot and all. Does anyone have experience with the hybrid no cut shifter? I imagine it will have a smaller footprint.

Thanks,

Noah

aklackner

Re: Gauge Placement / K series Shifter + stock interior

Post by aklackner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm

For gauges there's the Tegiwa gauge pod. Each gauge is tilted toward driver's seat so comes LHD or RHD.
It does eliminate the OEM clock but looks stock and would hold 2 standard sized gauges.
No cutting required so you could always put the clock back.
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-gau ... 2-lhd.html

98DC2R

Post by 98DC2R » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:52 pm

The hybrid shifter is a great piece and also keeps the originality of the car in case you want to swap back later on, had on in my 00 civic si w/k20a2 swap. worked excellent and no holes to drill at the firewall. bolts in from underneath the car and fits perfectly with the factory shift boot.

I use the autometer gauge pod like this in my 98. makes it clean and a stable install. also saves interior modifications to a minimum :beer:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autometer-Gaug ... f-&vxp=mtr
1998 Integra Type R #1076 Mugen & Spoon whoRe :D
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL-NAV Daily mudder & tow rig
2012 Honda Pilot Touring - Wife's cadilac

noahf

Post by noahf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm

thanks guys. I ordered an autometer one and ill see how that goes!

DC231

Post by DC231 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 pm

I have the k-tuned billet race box and the karcepts shifter mounting kit which makes a tunnel for the box to sit in, this isn't a "no cut" kind of shifter plate, so you can use the stock console and retain a factory appearance. I'm only willing to cut mine because its salvage title.. I wouldn't cut my clean title caR so if yours is clean title that's up to you.. I have a no cut box I got with a bundle of parts that id be willing to sell for a good price but the previous owner did say some of the bolts heads are stripped so it might require some new hardware. you still have to drill 2 small holes for the no cut box though if I remember correctly..

aw614

Post by aw614 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am

I have my aem wideband gauge inside my glovebox, but not sure if that is ideal, but I just didnt want any aftermarket gauges to avoid prying eyes on my LS
-Andrew Wong

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 am

Personally, I went mobile for my wideband and other monitoring since I didn't wan't anything visible.

PLX Wideband with bluetooth allows directly monitoring of their compatible sensors or you can use outputs (analog & digital) and monitor from ecu.
https://www.plxdevices.com/SM-AFR-Gen4- ... 002870.htm

For a daily driver it does get a bit annoying always connecting the app for gauges though and if you're monitoring via ecu on an s300 the interface can be a little limited where customized dashboards are available on some of the other apps.