98-1059 is here to stay

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Stin1

Re: 98-1059 is here to stay

Post by Stin1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Would you be able to use a jdm abs motor ? The gsr appears bigger in the picture. For a ten footer she sure looks clean . The lugs are nice looking. I also have a em1 and it's number matching , yours is much nicer. Anyway brother from another mother, I like your style.

Sp00nFedFilms

98-1059 is here to stay

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:21 am

Stin1 wrote:Would you be able to use a jdm abs motor ? The gsr appears bigger in the picture. For a ten footer she sure looks clean . The lugs are nice looking. I also have a em1 and it's number matching , yours is much nicer. Anyway brother from another mother, I like your style.
aklackner wrote:You might be able to use a GSR cabin harness from same year.

It’s a challenge to find even the GSR full cabin harness complete. I’ve seen a few claiming to be complete but still needed repair.
After further research it looks like I’ll have to find a 98 ITR cabin harness (or splice in any 98-01 Integra ABS section. Reason being, the 97-01 ITR uses the 98-01 integra abs. Other integra models ABS units are 94-97 and 98-01. The ITR just got the newer ABS unit earlier than the other integras.

I didn’t let this slow me down though. I decided it was time to purchase the much USDM factory bumper and lip from the dealer.

I also picked up a new antenna mast since mine is broken. I can still hear the motor trying when I turn the radio on so starting with just the mast was a financial decision.

Also picked up the fasteners for my spare tire. I hate things. It being secured.

Swapped my original badge over to the new casing. Wasn’t as hard as I’d imagined but still, not as perfect as it was brand new in the packaging.

A small pick did the trick

A little heat to warm the glue under the metal badge

Finished product

DC231

Post by DC231 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:11 am

you may be able to repair your harness without even pulling the dash. if i remember correctly all the abs wiring is only linked to the actual cabin harness by 2-3 wires for power and ground then the rest just run to the brain and sensors. if you pull the glove box, blower box and possibly ac evap, then you can fish the harness into the cabin and do the repairs right there.

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 am

DC231 wrote:you may be able to repair your harness without even pulling the dash. if i remember correctly all the abs wiring is only linked to the actual cabin harness by 2-3 wires for power and ground then the rest just run to the brain and sensors. if you pull the glove box, blower box and possibly ac evap, then you can fish the harness into the cabin and do the repairs right there.
Thanks man! I’m going to pull that stuff tonight and take some pictures and a looksie.

I think I’ll take that guys 01 harness and use it this way. Is that a good idea?

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Swapped my original badge over to the new casing. Wasn’t as hard as I’d imagined but still, not as perfect as it was brand new in the packaging.

A small pick did the trick

A little heat to warm the glue under the

Finished product
[/quote]
I can see the pry marks. I bought at least 4 of them before I finally got it. One the plastic had little splinter like cracks at the clip point. Another I got to froggy with the heat gun and it melted. I replaced it over a little scratch. It was in my opinion something I would not do again unless I had to. I was irritated with the project because I spent so much money on multiple badges to get the badge perfect . Yours came apart much easier than mine. Mine was glued together or something almost like a picture frame.

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Oh mine was glued also lol. Was almost like double sided tape. I wouldn’t do it again either. Much wish I just left it alone and just changed the clear cover.

Came hone to a few more OEM goodies I was missing too.

For anyone using an JDM ITR 4-1 header, here is the correct OEM part number for a donut gasket. It’s from an S2000.

With some great information from Kevin DC231 I was able to decide on the path of least resistance on getting the abs up and running again. We decided instead of hard wiring and hacking up an oem ITR cabin harness it would be best to just get the 01 ITR cabin harness I have availability for and just using a step down to my 98 ECU. So if all goes well I’ll be doing that install in about a week and a half.

In the meantime, more parts are set to arrive this week.

OEM battery
Heat shield back from ceramic coat
New heat shield hardware
Bumper goes to paint

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Shop around on the ecu obd adapter many will not support the obd diag port.

Sp00nFedFilms

Post by Sp00nFedFilms » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:17 am

aklackner wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:39 pm Shop around on the ecu obd adapter many will not support the obd diag port.
Yes, I remember from way back in the day. My motor swap days lol. I believe Phearable (if they're still around) had that option. I'm going to be focusing on the rest of the braking system anyway, that's going to take a while. Hopefully a 98 GSR or ITR harness comes up soon.

RTW DC2R

Post by RTW DC2R » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:41 am

Good stuff :thumbup:
98-0034 (sold)
00-XXXX (sold)

practice chaos to develop control.

ff_terror

Post by ff_terror » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:25 am

I think I'm following you on instagram. Nice build. Looking forward to more updates!