ITR Fuel Tank

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ddwelch

Re: ITR Fuel Tank

Post by ddwelch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:45 pm

I do not have any info to your specific questions. However, I will note that I bought a tank off ebay and sort of had a tough time getting the fuel pump mounted as the studs were sort of off. Also the fuel float/sensor hole was way to small to fit the oem unit through and I just ended up capping it off. My car is mostly just for track use, so I keep the tank full for every event.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Got the Spectra tank today.
Packaging was not terrible but not sure it would survive well if a carrier was careless with it.
Was surprised that it came with a set of gaskets, mounting ring (for rear center vents), and new fasteners.

As expected not completely 1:1 but looks like it will work pretty well and is reasonable quality.
At this point I’m sure by see any issues with fitment.
I staged the old OEM pump sender and vents to ensure they all fit properly.

I didn’t weight any of the tanks. From feel I’d guess they’re pretty close but if I get a chance I’ll drop them on a scale and see If there’s any major difference in weight.

Photos:
ImageImage

Dc2-ProductionS
Badge Number: 97-00012

Post by Dc2-ProductionS » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:24 am

So it looks like from pictures that it is also the same internally? Looks to have a "similar" bowl size and the angled baffles also.

Thoughts after inspecting the two? I need to order a new tank myself. I don't think it's worth dealing with a tank that has been sitting for more than 10 years, Ive been watching this thread as it popped up at the perfect time! LOL Thanks!
- 01-0590 ITR PY - Garage Queen
- 01-1058 ITR NHBP - Gone
- 97-0012 ITR CW - Princess in progress
- 98-1046 ITR RealTime Replica - #HomageR

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:49 pm

For me, the Spectra tank should fit the bill. Getting an OEM replacement tank that doesn't have some form of oxidation from sitting around (likely empty) isn't realistic.

I'm a little curious about the basket design differences though minimal. There might be a few situations (steeper grade with low fuel level) where the OEM design could ensure better access to fuel.

OEM
Spectra Premium Replacement