My 2000 Integra GS - Curva Red, K Series, 5 lug, jdm front, etc. Weekend Street/Track Build.

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
PeteTheCarFreak

Re: My 2000 Integra GS - Curva Red, K Series, 5 lug, jdm front, etc. Weekend Street/Track Build.

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 am

coolhandluke wrote:That red paint looks cherry. I don't envy the wiring work ahead of you.

I need to read up on how to hide/disable SRS and ABS on my cluster. My lights are back after I returned the car to OEM wiring.
There's a yellow plug-in that goes into the cluster, I unplugged mine because of the SRS light being on. My steering wheel has no airbag from shipping Image lol

DC4MC

Re: My 2000 Integra GS - Curva Red, K Series, 5 lug, jdm front, etc. Weekend Street/Track Build.

Post by DC4MC » Wed May 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Figured I’d check in for a small update after a little bit of time has gone by.

We started a new home build last summer and everything got finished up and ready for us to move right as the world takes a crap. It was definitely a process selling the old house and closing on the new one with everything going on, but it all got done.

New house bonus is I added in some extra space in the garage for a decent work space. 2 car garage is 22’ deep x 20’ wide. 3rd car is 12’ wide x 30’ deep.

Waiting to get a yard and patio so I can get my outdoor furniture out of the garage before I bring the car home. I have spent a little time during quarantine getting little things done at the shop.

Bought a rivnut tool as well as come nice clamps to attach the wiring in the car rather than use the factory zip tie clips (at some point I plan to re-loom the wiring, please excuse the ugliness for now).

Picked up a k tuned shifter cable grommet and got it installed.

Mounted the fuel pressure regulator to the frame rail.

Shifter plate and shifter (temporary stock shifter) mounted in the car.

And got the rear lines bent and ran to the front. Still need to drill the bulkheads through and get them attached to the proportioning valve as well as flare the ends.

Sorting through and locking up the underdash wiring harness. This will come back out and be wrapped before it’s put in permanently.

And here’s my kids messing around one afternoon during a shop visit just for fun.

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu May 21, 2020 12:54 am

This is friggin nuts. Onlooking it has progressed so fast. Congrats on the new house, beautiful kids too. During the paint and prep I found myself humming Drake "I'm so, I'm so, proud of you" lol.

DC4MC

Post by DC4MC » Fri May 22, 2020 9:57 am

JDMJNKY wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:54 am This is friggin nuts. Onlooking it has progressed so fast. Congrats on the new house, beautiful kids too. During the paint and prep I found myself humming Drake "I'm so, I'm so, proud of you" lol.
Thanks man. The post has progressed somewhat fast, but this actually started back in 2013. I just never wanted to post a build thread that lasted years and years with baby steps or progress. Hoping I can get this thing close to running soon, then need to get back to painting the rest of the body panels.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Fri May 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Your new house looks fantastic! I'm incredibly jealous of your new garage space, enjoy!
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Fri May 22, 2020 12:48 pm

DC4MC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:57 am Thanks man. The post has progressed somewhat fast, but this actually started back in 2013. I just never wanted to post a build thread that lasted years and years with baby steps or progress. Hoping I can get this thing close to running soon, then need to get back to painting the rest of the body panels.
Sheesh...I had to duck past that jab, LOL! JK man, I understand.

noahf

Post by noahf » Fri May 22, 2020 3:44 pm

what i would do to have a larger garage.....

DC4MC

Post by DC4MC » Fri May 22, 2020 4:27 pm

JDMJNKY wrote:
DC4MC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:57 am Thanks man. The post has progressed somewhat fast, but this actually started back in 2013. I just never wanted to post a build thread that lasted years and years with baby steps or progress. Hoping I can get this thing close to running soon, then need to get back to painting the rest of the body panels.
Sheesh...I had to duck past that jab, LOL! JK man, I understand.
No jabs intended. It was more of not having the motivation to create a thread with such little content to post. This car was stuck in limbo with the quarter panel for 4 years... wasn’t much to show other then parts piles...

DC4MC

Post by DC4MC » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Bringing this back from the dead. This car is taking way longer than I wanted it to, but time has been tight with work and other things that have kept me away.

I got the wireworx headlight harness ran and fastened to the car. I will say, adding riv nuts almost gets addicting after a while.

I’m hoping to get this back on the lift this weekend, drop the subframe again and get the rear brake lines finished up, hang the gas tank and get the fuel lines finished as well. I got all my parts for those last week after waiting a few weeks on them. I also finally received my hybrid racing radiator hoses. I had bought a set from k tuned but they didn’t work on the bottom side with the hybrid radiator. I also picked up a hybrid racing cold air intake. I’d like to replace it with something a little nicer looking in the future, but it’ll work for now.

Once the brake lines are finished, I can finally throw the heater box and all the under dash components in for good, get the wiring buttoned up and hopefully be close to starting the car. I’ll be doing some Black Friday orders to hopefully get the last bits to make it run and drive... we’ll see how everything goes. After that, still have to finish some prep work and get the remaining body panels sprayed.

PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Lookin good!