Stolen - 98-1040 San Jose CA

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Re: Stolen - 98-1040 San Jose CA

Post by coolhandluke » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:48 pm

jdmkraziestyles wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:19 am Damn it's stripped. Well my New Year didn't start out well. Someone tried stealing my ITR but couldn't and luckily it's still here. But they did break in the car and stole the entire system, broke a key in the ignition and passenger door handle and scratched up the paint on the driver side door jam, and cracked the climate control.

Happened Jan 6 and I barely got back the estimate last week from AAA. Still waiting for the pay out so I can fix the car but they are not paying for any of the system at all, radar detector, dash cam and same for my renters insurance. It sucks!

Hope you get some money back from your insurance. By the way, what insurance company do you have? Need to find another insurance company that will cover aftermarket parts.
Dang! I hate to hear this.

Amica here per recommendations from others in the community who work in the insurance industry. Insurance is never fun, but Amica has been good to work with through the process.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171