Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
aklackner

Post by aklackner » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:54 pm

For those that didn’t follow the teaser a couple days ago, I bought a pretty nice set of JDM Recaros from a seller in Image. Paired them with a set of Bride rails and here you go.....

ImageImageImage

Oh yeah have to say comfy AF! And zero worries about helmet clearance.

Bumper (clearly steel, not the cover) went on too

CDMTypeR

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by CDMTypeR » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Looks good, how low do the seats sit with those rails?
2017 Civic Type R FK8 #R-01546
2001 Integra Type R DC2 #01-1324 **FOR SALE**
IG:@cdmtyper

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:23 pm

CDMTypeR wrote:Looks good, how low do the seats sit with those rails?
I’m not really sure how to independently measure to respond in a meaningful way. If it helps I’m 5’10 but relatively long in torso. When sitting full upright my head is very close to the ceiling in stock usdm seats. As you can see from the photo of me sitting in the car in the Recaros on Bride rails I have plenty of clearance.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Front bumper cover is on, hood needs to shift <1/8” right but otherwise body lines look pretty clean and the cover went on well.

CDMTypeR

Post by CDMTypeR » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:21 am

aklackner wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:23 pm
CDMTypeR wrote:Looks good, how low do the seats sit with those rails?
I’m not really sure how to independently measure to respond in a meaningful way. If it helps I’m 5’10 but relatively long in torso. When sitting full upright my head is very close to the ceiling in stock usdm seats. As you can see from the photo of me sitting in the car in the Recaros on Bride rails I have plenty of clearance.
No problem, was just curious because my brother is over 6 foot and he is looking for rails for his Recaro's that sit lower.
2017 Civic Type R FK8 #R-01546
2001 Integra Type R DC2 #01-1324 **FOR SALE**
IG:@cdmtyper

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:01 am

CDMTypeR wrote:
aklackner wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:23 pm
CDMTypeR wrote: No problem, was just curious because my brother is over 6 foot and he is looking for rails for his Recaro's that sit lower.
I’d bet the setup would work well for him.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:22 pm

Saturday, dash day

Also did a final coat on my original Koyo VCore radiator

Image Image

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:54 pm

It’s taken more work than I anticipated and still quite a bit more work to get everything connected but the JRSC manifold and blower are in!

PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:07 am

Exciting

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:50 pm

It's been a really long time since I've shared any update mostly since I haven’t been getting much done and what has been done I haven't really grabbed photos of yet but there have been a smattering of things starting to get settled into place so...

First, the door glass and new lower window moldings are now back in. I also had an installer come out to evaluate what if anything else was needed to start getting the rest of the glass in. I had most everything he wanted but he did ask me to order the (8) clips for the windshield molding, I had assumed these were something an installer would have on hand since they seemed the same on most vehicles I've worked with, but fortunately they are still easy enough to order and once I have them in hand it will be time to schedule the install for quarter glass, rear hatch glass, and the new windshield.

I also got the fuel pump transferred from the LS. This is a practically brand new (~5000mi) Walbro 255lph and the cover was in better shape than the one that came on the ITR.

I'm still working through the final stages of the JRSC install. After getting the blower in place I was struggling with the engine harness. Trying to get everything to reach where it was needed, the IACV connector, IAT, and Evap clearly weren't lining up where I needed them additionally I've discovered due to differences in the 00-01 hardlines the EU evap solenoid I'd planned to use was going to have clearance issues. I now confirmed the engine harness I received with the shell was a GSR harness so that explains some of the fitment issues, since I also have the old LS engine harness I have plenty of material to modify the harness and still maintain OEM color coding. Some modification is required to run the CARB legal JRSC fueling setup anyway and this involves all the impacted connectors aside from the IACV anyway. To address the Evap purge solenoid mounting issue I decided to swap to the '03 Accord solenoid. I was able to buy a new solenoid and a used cut plug, since it uses smaller connector, that I'll wire in to the modified engine harness. The style of the Accord solenoid will allow for it to be mounted on top of the JRSC manifold. Once I complete modifications to the engine harness I should be able to get the remaining hoses connected and the injectors/fuel rail in place.

Parallel to engine bay wiring I've starting getting some of the audio system wiring put together. I finally decided that trying to squeeze the Alpine 4 channel amp (KTA-30FW) under the dash wasn't a good idea but fits nicely under the rear of the driver's seat. I'll be running JL 4 channel RCA, EFX 9 wire, and a 10ga power supply along the center (following the USDM fog light switch harness path) then down under the driver's seat. I also customized a plug and play harness between the headunit (alpine cde-172bt) OEM radio harness, 9 wire connection to the 4 channel amp, and remote on signal to the subwoofer (pwe-s8)

I also finally completed the battery (InduraPower LiFePO4, 120 series) mount. I had originally planned to use an OEM Mount but as things laid out I wanted to shift the battery toward the left. InduraPower makes a number of mounts but none that were going to directly work. The closest was actually for a smaller series (110) that I was able to make sort of extended studs from 6mm aluminum round bar to allow for the additional height. I installed rivet nuts in the OEM battery tray to allow the base to be mounted/removed easily. I'm very pleased with how well it all mounted up and even more so that the battery can easily be removed by pulling the top (4) 10mm nuts with only a socket.

If I can continue to find some energy and time hopefully there will be more updates soon.

ImageImageImageImageImage