Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
aw614

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aw614 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:45 pm

I had ITR/LS/00-01 GSR Comptech header for some reason you don't see them as much as the 94-99 GSR header. Also ended up finding a 94-99 GSR header that was in better condition so I kept that one instead. It didn't cross my mind when I bought it locally that it was missing the o2 bung.

What exhaust are you using with the GSR comptech header and cat? Isn't the piping length on the bpipe different? I know I had to get my cat extended to use that header with the stock ITR bpipe and muffler, whereas the the LS/ITR header was a perfect fit with the LS and ITR catback
-Andrew Wong

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:53 pm

I found an Apex WS Noir (also specific to 99 GSR) for a reasonable price. 60mm piping all the way, just easier for me to keep a full inspection ready bolt-on setup than to try to have something more complex custom done to minimize swap over time.

The plan is typically to run the LHT supercharger header, 200 cell 2.5” cat, 2.5” custom B-pipe, to the Mugen Twin loop.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Exhaust is in. Also went to install OEM fans they fit with the ‘98 JDM header and heatshield (on Koyo radiator) but would not clear the Comptech header. Luckily I still had the FAL fans so dropped those directly on to the Koyo radiator. Not how I wanted fans mounted but looks good (for now).

ImageImageImage

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:36 am

lé apexi noir....fantastique!! Subtle; this is the way.

The gift and the course of living in socal. Finding cool shizz from a better era. I for one love JRSC's, I can recall my first drive in one as if it was yesterday. I hope you find the coolest state ref ever and this thing gets a pass w/ a charger on it; after that sky's the limit.

This wasn't me driving but this was the car I did the cams and charger for.

Dyno- https://youtu.be/5LImckxCUJs

Pull- https://youtu.be/5iIFWbHPF-k

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:29 am

JDMJNKY wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:36 am lé apexi noir....fantastique!! Subtle; this is the way.

The gift and the course of living in socal. Finding cool shizz from a better era. I for one love JRSC's, I can recall my first drive in one as if it was yesterday. I hope you find the coolest state ref ever and this thing gets a pass w/ a charger on it; after that sky's the limit.

This wasn't me driving but this was the car I did the cams and charger for.

Dyno- https://youtu.be/5LImckxCUJs

Pull- https://youtu.be/5iIFWbHPF-k
Not sure why I'd have to take it to a ref. that would really only be if it was a swap I was trying to certify. Either way I've been pretty careful. It's in an ITR, motor is RDOT, and I have Carb sticker for charger, all other parts are CARB including header and Cat. I think it's just getting the motor running and ecu to happy.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 am

I meant in the event of, Not all cops respect and know carb #'s. A ref ticket can still be issued.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:36 pm

JDMJNKY wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 am I meant in the event of, Not all cops respect and know carb #'s. A ref ticket can still be issued.
I know what you mean there. It's a real possibility, that's why I've taken a lot of care in collecting a full carb setup, it's pretty defensible. I also still have the OEM IM so if it came to it I could pull the charger and go back to NA at home in a weekend. My build is designed pretty modular to meet these needs.

That's one advantage of going through the build this way is now I'm pretty familiar with the setup so could swap around much more quickly than it's taken to put it together.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:09 pm

https://vimeo.com/388554046

Tested the fans today, seem to move a good amount of air, noticeably more than OEM. Sound seems acceptable not terribly more than OEM. Pull about 8 amps each after they spin up.

Ground wires are now in place throughout the engine bay (except the front valve cover wire).

And clutch was filled bled, not sure why I always manage to turn this into a complete mess. Not fun to do on your own!

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:22 pm

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:04 am

Looking good good looking, I see that reflection in the paint! #hottyalert :mrgreen: :lol: