Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
aklackner

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:29 am

JDMJNKY wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:36 am lé apexi noir....fantastique!! Subtle; this is the way.

The gift and the course of living in socal. Finding cool shizz from a better era. I for one love JRSC's, I can recall my first drive in one as if it was yesterday. I hope you find the coolest state ref ever and this thing gets a pass w/ a charger on it; after that sky's the limit.

This wasn't me driving but this was the car I did the cams and charger for.

Dyno- https://youtu.be/5LImckxCUJs

Pull- https://youtu.be/5iIFWbHPF-k
Not sure why I'd have to take it to a ref. that would really only be if it was a swap I was trying to certify. Either way I've been pretty careful. It's in an ITR, motor is RDOT, and I have Carb sticker for charger, all other parts are CARB including header and Cat. I think it's just getting the motor running and ecu to happy.

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 am

I meant in the event of, Not all cops respect and know carb #'s. A ref ticket can still be issued.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:36 pm

JDMJNKY wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 am I meant in the event of, Not all cops respect and know carb #'s. A ref ticket can still be issued.
I know what you mean there. It's a real possibility, that's why I've taken a lot of care in collecting a full carb setup, it's pretty defensible. I also still have the OEM IM so if it came to it I could pull the charger and go back to NA at home in a weekend. My build is designed pretty modular to meet these needs.

That's one advantage of going through the build this way is now I'm pretty familiar with the setup so could swap around much more quickly than it's taken to put it together.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:09 pm

https://vimeo.com/388554046

Tested the fans today, seem to move a good amount of air, noticeably more than OEM. Sound seems acceptable not terribly more than OEM. Pull about 8 amps each after they spin up.

Ground wires are now in place throughout the engine bay (except the front valve cover wire).

And clutch was filled bled, not sure why I always manage to turn this into a complete mess. Not fun to do on your own!

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:22 pm

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:04 am

Looking good good looking, I see that reflection in the paint! #hottyalert :mrgreen: :lol:

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Managed to get my hands on a Comptech arm. Wouldn’t line up directly for me but with a bit of modification (3/4” off the arm and filter) and an offset coupler looks like it will join up.

Tested with a throwaway filter before I do modifications on the CT filter.

NOCSUCOW

Post by NOCSUCOW » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:52 am

Our cars are similar.

@nocsucow on instagram.

I have the JRSC on my B18C5
Comptech intake arm
Mugen intake now, used to have the Comptech Icebox
Kamikaze Header
USDM Mugen Twinloop catback (cut off the front half of piping because it starts at 2..25 then tapers to 60ish and used a GReddy SP pipe)
Honda-Tech: aka Ultraspeed DC2

ITR Expo 8 & 16 attendee
1998 #729
IG: NOCSUCOW

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:28 am

NOCSUCOW wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:52 am Our cars are similar.

@nocsucow on instagram.

I have the JRSC on my B18C5
Comptech intake arm
Mugen intake now, used to have the Comptech Icebox
Kamikaze Header
USDM Mugen Twinloop catback (cut off the front half of piping because it starts at 2..25 then tapers to 60ish and used a GReddy SP pipe)
Yes, that sounds very close to where I'm planning . Would love any thoughts you have on it and to pick your brain.
50 million questions:
What year?
Are you running 4psi or higher boost? How's the temps on track use?
What trans\LSD are you running?
What size tires\any issues with traction coming off corners (I'm wondering if its worth Hondata traction control, on a 205, before I close up interior)?
Did you have any issues with getting the Comptech arm to fit (not sure if the one I got was correct to JRSC, I had to get creative to get it to align and it still nearly sits on the '01 evap. canister).
Any Cams\head work?
How do you like the setup overall? Any idea where your dyno numbers land?

NOCSUCOW

Post by NOCSUCOW » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:27 pm

-Was running the stock 5.5 setup but quickly switched the the MVM stepper pulley. Depending on tightness of belt I can get 7-8.5psi. I'm on crome and don't data log anymore since I have no one else to tune it. Last tune was from at least 13 or so years ago. I have no oil temp gauge/cooler, or IAT gauge. However, I have run 30-40 min sessions (alot). I added meth injection along the way but only as an intake cooler and was never tuned with it.
-Stock trans/lsd
-I've run 215/45/16 Khumo XS, 205/45/16 RT-615s, 205/50/15 Toyo R888, now 205/45/16 Bridgestone RE-71r no traction issues.
-I've had to trim the comptech arm. I still have AC and it rubs against the lines.
-Stock internals
-I have almost 100k on the JRSC and am scared to see how much rebuild is. Also NOT looking forward to uninstall/reinstall.

I think I also need to have my injectors cleaned/balanced as I'm getting black specks out of the exhaust.

My cousin made my tune, mostly on the street and some on dyno with crome. I told him I wanted reliability vs. peak hp. The most I ever made was I think 226whp. Seeing how it has lasted this long I made the right choice. I have youtube videos linked on my IG page.
Honda-Tech: aka Ultraspeed DC2

ITR Expo 8 & 16 attendee
1998 #729
IG: NOCSUCOW